Home security is a crucial aspect of keeping your home and family safe. Here are 11 statistics about home security that you need to know:
- A home is burglarized every 13 seconds in the United States.
- 60% of burglars enter a home through the front door.
- 33% of burglars enter through a first-floor window.
- 30% of burglars enter through an unlocked door or window.
- The average loss for a burglarized home is $2,416.
- Homes without security systems are three times more likely to be broken into.
- A security system can decrease the likelihood of a break-in by up to 20%.
- Smart home security systems are becoming increasingly popular, with a projected market size of $74 billion by 2027.
- Video surveillance is the most popular type of smart home security system.
- The use of security cameras can lead to a 51% reduction in burglary.
- Homes with security signs are less likely to be targeted by burglars.
These statistics show the importance of having a home security system in place. A security system can decrease the likelihood of a break-in and can also help to deter burglars from targeting your home. Smart home security systems, which can be controlled remotely, are becoming increasingly popular and offer a range of features such as video surveillance. Additionally, using security cameras and signs can also deter burglars. It's important to take the necessary steps to protect your home and family by investing in a good home security system.